Saturday, January 2, 2010

Introduction

Hi!

So if you are reading this blog then you probably know that I am studying abroad in New Zealand, but just to clear everything up, officially: I am participating in the Boston University Study Abroad Internship Program in Auckland, New Zealand for the next 6 months! I am going to be taking 2 classes during the summer term, and 1 class and doing an internship during the fall term (oh right, the seasons are reversed so it will be summer when I get there!!). I am taking a New Zealand culture class with the BU program, but otherwise my classes will be taught at the University of Auckland. Auckland is a big city in the North Island of New Zealand.

I am currently in the LAX airport waiting for my flight to Auckland. It has been a quite a busy new year's day filled with lots of traveling! I flew from Hartford to Chicago and am now in LA. My flight to Auckland is supposed to be about 12.5 hours, but I'll let you know when I actually get there. When I arrive in New Zealand, it will be morning on January 3rd while it is still in the afternoon on the 2nd for most of you at home. The time change seems pretty drastic, but I guess I'll get used to it! As far as I understand it, New Zealand is 16 hours ahead of the East Coast of the USA, or 8 hours behind on a day ahead (if that makes sense). Hopefully after 6 months there, I'll be an expert!

As most of you know, this is my first blog so please bear with me as I try to figure it out. I am not sure exactly how the internet connection works down under, but I've been told there is definitely internet at the University of Auckland so hopefully I will figure out how it all works soon! I will hopefully be updating this blog pretty frequently so that you guys can hear about everything I am doing in New Zealand! If you have any requests of what you would like to hear about, questions, more information or feedback let me know!! Apparently you can "comment" on these posts (which I'm also not really sure how it works but I don't think it is that hard) or else you can always e-mail me at: LSOL817@gmail.com

I think that's all for now. I'll write more when I'm actually in New Zealand!!

No comments:

Post a Comment